POST TIME: 23 October, 2019 03:10:17 AM
Tenerngganu trounce Chennai
Striker Suzuki alone slams four goals

Tenerngganu trounce Chennai

Players of Tenerngganu FC of Malaysia celebrate their big 5-3 win over Chennai City FC of India in their Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup Football at M A Aziz Stadium in Chattogram yesterday. BFF photo

Bruno Junichi Suzuki struck four goals as Tenerngganu FC of Malaysia trounced Chennai City FC of India by 5-3 to make a flying start in the Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup Football tournament yesterday.

In the day’s first match at MA Aziz Stadium in Chattogram, in the eight goals thriller five goals were scored in the first half when Terengganu FC scored three and Chennai scored two goals.

In the second half both sides added couple of goals each.

However, the match got excitement immediately the kick off with Terengganu FC broke the deadlock inside third minute though Mohammed Rahmat bin Makasuf but Terengganu FC equalised the margin through Kalsumi Uwsa on 23rd minute (1-1).

Chennai FC, who looked to fight evenly, took lead after half an hour when it was all about goalkeeper of Terengganu Nauzet Garcia stepped forward and Mashoor’s shot flies over his head into the top corner of the net (2-1).  

The mighty Tenrengganu FC restored the lead five minutes later with Bruno Suzuki, the Brazilian born Japanese scored two goals in a span of six minutes with finding the mark on 39th minute to make the tally 2-2 and again hit the net on 45th minute to put his side to a 3-2 first half lead.

In the second half Terengganu took some 15 minutes time to return to come to blow when Suzuki completed his hat-trick on 70th minute in style when he outdo the Chennaian defender Ajith Kumar to receive a through from Marcel Guessan and released the ball past the keeper straight to into the net.  

The indomitable 29-year-old striker Suzuki scored his fourth and the fifth for Terengaanu smashed his close range right footer after receiving a cross of substitute Nur Shakir (5-2).

The Chennai City FC got another consolation goal on at the late hour of the game with their captain Manzi Cruz converted a penalty on 87th minute (5-3).