Sunday 18 August 2019 ,
Latest News
Govt to do everything for development of medical science: PM | 4 killed in Narsingdi road crash | BCB appoints Domingo as Tigers head coach | Rawhide sales suspended till Sunday | College student dies of dengue in Faridpur | Artificial intelligence to help better manage Dhaka |
18 March, 2019 07:33:34 PM

Print

UEFA probe Ronaldo for 'improper conduct' over 'cojones' goal celebration

Independent Online Desk/ AFP
UEFA probe Ronaldo for 'improper conduct' over 'cojones' goal celebration
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates after scoring a hat-trick against Atletico Madrid. Photo AFP

UEFA on Monday opened an investigation into Cristiano Ronaldo's goal celebration after scoring a hat-trick in Juventus' Champions League comeback win against Atletico Madrid last week.

European football's governing body said Ronaldo was facing charges of "improper conduct" after he mimicked Diego Simeone's crotch-grabbing 'cojones' gesture in last Tuesday's 3-0 win that sent Juventus through 3-2 on aggregate.

After scoring the decisive penalty four minutes from time, Ronaldo turned towards the Atletico fans and replicated Simeone's gesture after the Spaniards' 2-0 first leg win by grasping his genitals and thrusting out his groin.

A decision will be taken by UEFA on March 21.

Juventus take on Dutch club Ajax in the Champions League quarter-finals over two legs, on April 10 in Amsterdam and April 16 in Turin.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri has said he is confident Ronaldo will not be fined or suspended.

"I think everyone celebrated their own way on the field and in the stands. I saw nothing strange, just a celebration.

There won't be a ban," said Allegri.

Simeone was fined 20,000 euros ($22,000) by UEFA for his gesture.

"He will have seen how I did it at the Wanda Metropolitano and, like me, was trying to show his character," said the Argentinian coach.

Five-time Champions League winner Ronaldo is the record goal scorer in the European competition with 124 goals in 160 matches.

BK

Comments

Poll
Today's Question »
State minister for power Nasrul Hamid yesterday said everyone to have access to electricity by June. Do you think the feat achievable by the timeframe?
 Yes
 No
 No Comment
Yes 47.3%
No 48.7%
No Comment 4.1%
Video
More Sports Stories

Copyright © All right reserved.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman

Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman
Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
....................................................
About Us
....................................................
Contact Us
....................................................
Advertisement
....................................................
Subscription

Powered by : Frog Hosting