Monday 20 September 2021 ,
Latest News
Saudi Arabia keen to invest more in Bangladesh |
31 July, 2021 12:48:46 PM / LAST MODIFIED: 31 July, 2021 12:50:29 PM

Print

Dickwella, Mendis, Gunathilaka handed one-year bans

Cricbuzz, Bangalore
Dickwella, Mendis, Gunathilaka handed one-year bans

Sri Lanka Cricket, on Friday (July 30), banned Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis and Niroshan Dickwella from all forms of international cricket for one year and also six months from domestic cricket in relation to breaching COVID-19 safety guidelines during the limited-overs tour of England last month.

As per the recommendations of the executive committee of the SLC, once the one-year ban gets completed, the trio will have to undergo a further ban of one year from international cricket - which will be a suspended sentence for two years. The three Sri Lankan players were also fined 10 million Sri Lankan Rupees and will also have to undergo a mandatory counselling as per the doctor recommended by the board.

"The Executive Committee of SLC, at its meeting held today, has given due consideration to the recommendations of the panel of inquiry, and in further consideration of the impact to the individual players, and their contribution to the national team, have decided unanimously to impose the following measures on the said three players:A fine of Sri Lanka Rupees 10 Million for each player.

A one-year ban from all forms of international cricket and a six months ban from domestic cricket.

Upon completion of the said one year ban, each player will be subjected to a further ban of one year from playing international cricket which will be suspended for a period of two years.

Mandatory counselling under a doctor recommended by the board," SLC's release said.

Earlier, based on the manager's report, the trio was provisionally suspended by the executive committee from all forms of cricket and were asked to return home from the UK for breaching the bio-bubble in Durham.

Incidentally, Gunathilaka has been caught on the wrong side several times in the past. He had been suspended for six matches for a misconduct in 2017. He was said to have skipped a training session after late-night partying. In another incident, he had turned up at the ground during a match day without his kit bag. In 2018 he had received a suspension in a incident related to an alleged sexual assault.

Meanwhile, Mendis was arrested in July 2020, and later released on bail, for running over a 64-year old-man in Panadura.

KK

 

Comments

Poll
Today's Question »
State minister for power Nasrul Hamid yesterday said everyone to have access to electricity by June. Do you think the feat achievable by the timeframe?
 Yes
 No
 No Comment
Yes 47.3%
No 48.7%
No Comment 4.1%
Video

Copyright © All right reserved.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman

Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Editor : M. Shamsur Rahman
Published by the Editor on behalf of Independent Publications Limited at Media Printers, 446/H, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1215.
Editorial, News & Commercial Offices : Beximco Media Complex, 149-150 Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh. GPO Box No. 934, Dhaka-1000.

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
....................................................
About Us
....................................................
Contact Us
....................................................
Advertisement
....................................................
Subscription

Powered by : Frog Hosting